February 9, 2011

HIP POP

Written by my friend Dorein back in 2007. entitled Hip Pop. HIP POP Travel. I am fortunate enough to have a job that afforded me the opportunity to do this. I have been coast to coast as well as north to south. Along my travels I saw one common denominator among my people. Music. Our beloved Hip Hop. It doesn't matter where you are in this country, the same ten hottest songs will be bumping on the airwaves. This same music is leading to the downfall of our people. Flashback. Late 80's. Yes I'm old school. A lot of the music that was played raised the conscious amongst our people. From Public Enemy to KRS-One, these pioneers said and stood for something when the grabbed the mic. Fast forward to 2007. What the hell is going on? From the shoot them up bang bang to the bling bling my rims are bigger than yours. What happened to the music? READ MORE HERE------>